Monday 21 May 2012

Design Day #01

Over the next few posts I will add images of my personal design work, and talk through my idea behind it and also how I created it. Most of the work can be seen on my personal website (link at the bottom of this post).

Impressions of Disability
Art Competition 
Love is for all 




















I based my piece on the stereotype: “they must have different expectations on life” and I expanded that to include love. I think that true love comes to those that are patient and not those who hunt for it and look for it the “hunter” is represented by the man climbing the tree trying to get to one of the apples.
No one knows if and when they will find love; it just happens by “chance” just like the apple falling off just as Sir Isaac Newton was sitting underneath the tree.
I believe love will happen for all regardless of disability.  

My piece features an apple tree covered in apples, with one heart shaped apple falling off into the hands of a person that wasn’t looking for love. As I think he deserves it more than the man climbing the apple tree and hunting for an apple.  

I chose a script font that is close to handwriting, and so it has a more personal feel; as though someone has just spoken it or written it. I chose a strong bold font for the word “False” because I wanted this to stand out against the script font. And I wanted it to have an impact.
I chose not to colour it all because then that would have taken away from the message of the piece of work. And the message is that love is for all, and so the main colour is red; with the brightest being the heart shaped apple.  

I used Adobe Illustrator to create the piece, and I used the pen tool to draw out the tree, characters, apples and heart. 

I am really happy with this piece of work and I always receive comments about it when showing my portfolio. 

www.carolineballard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...