Thursday 16 September 2010

Interview Gold (In my opinion)

During the past couple of years I have been to quite a few design based job interviews. I remember my first one, I tried to dress smartly and it made me feel like a little girl playing dress up.
Two graphic designers whom were wearing t-shirts and shorts interviewed me; this made me feel far too overdressed. Because of this for my next interview I decided not to dress as formal; yes I felt comfortable but I didn’t give as good an interview.
All of this made me realise it is very important to dress smartly but it is just as important to feel comfortable in what you are wearing.
Since all of this I have found interview clothes that “look the part” and also make me feel comfortable. Because I am quite small, when wearing a trouser suit I feel like all that material swallows me up and it makes me feel even smaller; which isn’t too good when you are trying to impress and sell yourself.
So for me the best option is a pencil skirt and jacket or a work dress teamed with a cardigan. And of course heels, not only do they add to my height but also my confidence. 

And just because I am now a bit superstitious: gold nail polish; I’ve been wearing gold nail polish to the last two interviews were I have been successful :)


www.carolineballard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...